Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Making eggs

 Today I made scrambled eggs. I don’t think it’s my first time making them but I cannot for the life of me remember ever doing it before. When I asked my wife how to make them all I got was ‘Here we go again’ and an exasperated sigh. I am a bad cook. I have no confidence in what I’m doing and I need to follow a recipe to make the thing in question. 

This brings me to the exciting topic of today. I want to say I’ve spent the last few days too busy studying to blog but in truth I’ve just been lazy and working or doing housework. This morning my wife got up at 8 (I get up at 6) and took over an hour just to change her clothes. While she was doing that the TV showed a Day trader who was pulling in a ton of money everyday while sitting in front of a computer for 10 hours a day. She then had to admonish me and complain about my lack of skills and inability to actually do anything beyond teaching English when she spends most of the day sitting in front of the TV and complaining who tired she is. 

Now I don’t care what she says but it’s a common Japanese thing I’ve noticed. The housewife or homemaker wants the husband to work as hard as possible while they do the odd part time job to get some extra money and then complain that they don’t do enough. So my question is this; why don’t you try doing that? I’m not interested in day trading. I’ve tried computer programming but it is a little beyond me. I don’t mind cooking but I need a guide to follow. These are the things I need to be successful. Why don’t you do theses things? I already work about 7 hours a day, including travel, with no days off. I’m my free time I do try and improve myself but often just find myself too busy to care. 

So I guess I do care. Japan is difficult to get ahead as a foreigner. Having computer programming skills would be a big help. I’ve taken a few steps towards it but I can’t wrap my head around it. I guess that may be the next thing I should add to my skill bank to find the best possible job.

Sorry for the rant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Manwa

 I want to say that I have been hard at work studying Japanese with such a passion that I could regal everyone with my new prowess, but I pr...