Monday, June 19, 2023

Study

 Today I studied some vocabulary, watched an episode of an anime and read a few pages in a light novel. Just writing that sentence I can feel the boredom creeping down on me. That was so unexciting. 

I’m also going to read a biography of Katsu Kaishu. He is a man who played a huge role in the Meiji restoration but he’s also a man who I’ve never heard of before. He was a poor man who through perseverance and stubbornness crawled his way up to become the head of the earliest Tokugawa navy and influenced many famous men like Sakamoto Ryoma. 

When we learned about the Meiji restoration in school I think it was one sentence. In 1868 Satsuma and Choshu started a rebellion and overthrew the Bakufu starting the first representative government. It’s nice to know that there is actually a lot more to it than just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Manwa

 I want to say that I have been hard at work studying Japanese with such a passion that I could regal everyone with my new prowess, but I pr...